[lbackup-discussion] L-Backup Errors! That error occurs when rsync tries to set an ACE specifying a user that does not exist. Here's what happens: 1) Read ACE on source file --> on Mac OS X, the user or group of the ACE is stored using the user or group's UUID 2) Convert UUID to uid/gid using mbr_uuid_to_id, also store which type it is (e.g. user or group) 3) [transfer file] 4) Convert uid/gid to UUID using mbr_uid_to_uuid or mbr_gid_to_uuid 5) Set ACE on destination file

Scott Haneda reply to this message via the mailing list
Fri Apr 9 22:14:27 NZST 2010

$ls -R | awk '$(NF+1)=length'
96 is as long as I have

Congratulations, you just hit my longest subject email ever, 481 characters, or 456 is I take away the list server name and re: prefixing. :)

I thought for sure I would see truncation in mail list archives, but I don't.  I have no idea how they get fast subject searching with what is seemingly a wide open field defined as text.  Interesting.

Sorry I can not offer any more help for you on your real issue.