[lbackup-discussion] rsync errors: device not configured

henri reply to this message via the mailing list
Thu Apr 29 15:29:32 NZST 2010

I have some additional more questions.

(14) Which user is configured for the login into the
     client when performing the backup?

     For example do you have the remote user set to
     root in the lbackup configuration eg :
     sshRemoteUser="root"

(15) Which user on your system is running the backup?

> I do.  Here's what I get:

> Checking for Pre Action Scripts...
> Hard Links Enabled
> Using custom rsync : v3...
> Preservation of ACL's disabled
> Synchronizing...
> Creating Links
>

> Yes, /usr/local/bin/rsync, which is also in my .conf files.

Okay this is good. It is very likely that the custom version of rsync is being used.

> sudo du -mkh -d 0 /Volumes/Drobo_RAID/lbackups/mb-docs.Homes/Section.0/
> Result: 204G	/Volumes/Drobo_RAID/lbackups/mb-docs.Homes/Section.0/

(16) Do you have a different device with sufficient storage (eg ≈250G free minimum) to use as a new destination? If you do have another device with sufficient disk space I would recommend configuring a backup with the destination set to this this other device. This may also shed some light on these problems.