[lbackup-discussion] rsync errors: device not configured

henri reply to this message via the mailing list
Fri Apr 30 13:37:25 NZST 2010

>> I have some additional more questions.
>>

>> (14) Which user is configured for the login into the
>>    client when performing the backup?
>>
>>    For example do you have the remote user set to
>>    root in the lbackup configuration eg :
>>    sshRemoteUser="root"
>
> Yes.
>
> # SSH Settings
> sshRemoteUser="root"
>
>> (15) Which user on your system is running the backup?
>
> Local admin user, but running lbackup with sudo.  (not scheduled yet.)
>
> (17) Which file system is your backup drive formatted with?
>   eg. What is the output when you run the command :
>
>   diskutil info /Volumes/Drobo_HD | grep "File System:"
>

> Journaled HFS+

I am not familiar with what the "Device not configured (6)" error actually means. Therefore, I have posted to the rsync mailing list to find out more about this error. I will report back once I have a reply.

Link to thread on rsync mailing list :
<http://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org/msg25743.html>

In the mean time, do you have another device with sufficient capacity to which you are able to set as the destination. If this is not a possibility then I would suggest verifying the directory and partition on the partition and device of the current destination.