[lbackup-discussion] Human Readable Time Required Reporting

henri reply to this message via the mailing list
Mon Jul 26 23:34:32 NZST 2010

The latest alpha release of LBackup supports new configuration options allowing the time required for various backup related operations to be reported.

One such option is enable human readable reporting on the timing of the snapshot generation. Quoted below is an example of the output from the latest alpha release.

> total size is 106717731958  speedup is 831.04
> Time required for snapshot generation : 0 days, 0 hours, 20 minutes, 17 seconds

The current granularity of the timing system is 1 second.

If you have comments or suggestions regarding the best way to output the human readable output of the time then please let me know.