[lbackup-discussion] Backup config file help

Michael Williams reply to this message via the mailing list
Wed Aug 31 21:41:58 NZST 2011

Hi Johnathan,

From what I can see of the file you've copied in, the expected result would be for the folders that you have excluded to show in the backup destination however the folders should be empty. You can change this behaviour by removing the * at the end of each path. Also, I can see you've excluded the Applications folder etc. This is only relevant when you are backing up the whole hard drive, so there is wasted config there that you could trim to keep things tidy.

Check inside the folders in the backup destination and see if any files were actually copied into the folders, in theory they should be empty.

Regards,

Michael Williams