[lbackup-discussion] Error messages running example backup in Mac OS X 10.5.8

Advrk Aplmrkt reply to this message via the mailing list
Tue Jul 10 09:18:17 NZST 2012

Hello,

I am testing LBackup on my system running newly installed and updated
Mac OS X 10.5.8. I followed the configuring basic backup instructions
(http://www.lbackup.org/configuring_a_basic_backup) on the LBackup
website.

However, when I do a test backup, I get the following output with errors:

/usr/local/sbin/lbackup: line 724: $logFile: ambiguous redirect
/usr/local/sbin/lbackup: line 725: $logFile: ambiguous redirect
/usr/local/sbin/lbackup: line 726: $logFile: ambiguous redirect
Checking for Pre Action Scripts...
tee: test/basic_backup.log: No such file or directory
First Run Full Copy...
/usr/local/sbin/lbackup: line 946: [: /Users/[my
username]/Desktop/backup: binary operator expected
tee: test/basic_backup.log: No such file or directory
Exclude-definitions missing

My test configuration file is essentially this:

# Version of Configuration File (Required)
backupConfigurationVersion=1014
useSSH="NO"
backupSource="/Users/[my username]/Desktop/mussel pots"
backupDest="/Users/[my username]/Desktop/mussel bak"
log_fileName="basic_backup.log"
excludes_filename="excludes.txt"
numRotations=3
sendGrowlNotification="NO"
SLEEP="NO"

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? I'd really like to get
LBackup running on this computer. Thank you very much!