[lbackup-discussion] Post Action Script Issues

henri reply to this message via the mailing list
Wed Nov 20 14:41:22 NZDT 2013

> For some reason we've having issues with one of our post actions scripts, to eject the external drive, on a machine. Lbackup reports in the log that it's run the script, but the drive isn't ejected.
>
> The script is as follows:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin
> diskutil eject /Volumes/Backup
>
> When I run the script manually it works as expected. Our backup script is called by LaunchD which may be the problem, however we do have other sites calling the script by LaunchD without issues.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in my reply. As a starting point. You could add the following to the script so that you have additional information being logged. Once you have this  additional information please post it hear as it may provide a clue as to why the external drive is not ejecting.

#!/bin/bash
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin
diskutil eject /Volumes/UNTITLED 2>&1 | \
sed "s/^/`date` : /" | tee -a /tmp/test.log
echo "return code ${PIPESTATUS[0]}" | \
sed "s/^/`date` : /" | tee -a /tmp/test.log
exit 0

You should be able to collect your log at /tmp/test.log
As mentioned this file may shed some light on what is happening.

Thanks.