[lbackup-discussion] Time point backup schema?

Daniel.Li reply to this message via the mailing list
Sat Mar 14 14:15:43 NZDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 14:00 +1300, henri wrote:
> > And I also don't have any idea about how much time we need to get
> > LBackup work on windows platform. Do u have any ideas?
>

> I have a Windows XP machine and have installed cygwin with rsync. I
> am
> now in the process of looking at how to setup SSH access on the
> machine.
>
> If you need a time frame right now, then there is Lucid has a
> partner
> company in Japan who may be able to offer you professional support
> with Windows backups using rsync.
>
> Also, I would guess that the someone on the rsync mailing lists has
> actually done this before.
> I have posted a question to this list to find out how
> complex/reliable
> rsync is for windows backups.

Humm,,, I have a cwrsync version, which can run under windows XP
platform. And it works quite right.

So, I think my first step to use LBackup will be on my laptop(ubuntu
8.10), to my server ubuntu 8.04.

Is there any .deb package available for me to install? I wanna try to
use this at my laptop first :)

--
Daniel