[lbackup-discussion] Backup Error Emails - Update

Michael Williams reply to this message via the mailing list
Wed Oct 7 14:56:22 NZDT 2009

Just a quick update,

I have just heard back from my email providers, and it was being
blocked because the domain in the return path didn't exist (since this
was a test server it wasn't using a proper domain). When I changed the
domain that the email server was authoritative for to a real domain
the email worked fine. However there are still two problems: 1. The
email address isn't being used in the config file 2. The return path
is set to root at domainoftheemailserver.com instead of the email address
in the config file (which is where the problem started).

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael