[lbackup-discussion] Backup Error Emails - Update

henri reply to this message via the mailing list
Wed Oct 7 21:55:10 NZDT 2009

> I have just heard back from my email providers, and it was being
> blocked because the domain in the return path didn't exist (since
> this was a test server it wasn't using a proper domain). When I
> changed the domain that the email server was authoritative for to a
> real domain the email worked fine. However there are still two
> problems: 1. The email address isn't being used in the config file
> 2. The return path is set to root at domainoftheemailserver.com
> instead of the email address in the config file (which is where the
> problem started).
I have re-read your problem. I am now not sure that this alpha1
release will fix this problem. I will do some testing and get back to
you. Would you please let me know the name of the mail delivery agent
running on your backup server?

Thanks.