[lbackup-discussion] Backup Error Emails - Update

henri reply to this message via the mailing list
Thu Oct 8 00:09:48 NZDT 2009

> Yes you are quite correct, I have just tested it and it doesn't
> solve the problem for the return path address, just the From
> address, which as it seams is purely cosmetic.
>
> I would have thought that it would be a similar problem to the one
> that you have just fixed.
>
> If I can be of any more help then sing out.
>
> On 7/10/2009, at 11:11 PM, henri wrote:
>
>>> The mail delivery system is Postfix, since it is being connected
>>> via SSH to a mail server running on Mac OS X Server (in this
>>> particular case Mac Os X Server 10.4).
>>>
>>> I hope that helps. I am about to test the update that you provided
>>> earlier and will let you know.
>>
>> As I mentioned. I do not think 0.9.8r-alpha1 will work. However, I
>> am looking into the issue.
>>
>> Thank you again for reporting the problem.

Okay I understand. The following is showing up as your Return-Path.

Where user is the user name you are sending the email from and the
mailserver.yourdomain.com is the mail server which has been specified
in the mail mail.config file.

Okay I understand. I believe an additional argument must need to be
passed to PostFix (sendmail) to get this working. I will have a look
into making this work. It is probably quite trivial to fix. Sorry for
the confusion.