[lbackup-discussion] Backup server and ssh permitrootlogin settings

Scott Haneda reply to this message via the mailing list
Mon Oct 12 12:38:28 NZDT 2009

Thanks for the links, I will read them over later this evening.  I
thought about going to the ssh mailing list.   I have had long going
issues with trying to understand ssh_agent and how to get it to drop
my credentials out of the keychain on sleep, which seems darn near
impossible.

You would think unloading the launchd item would do it, but apparently
there is more to it than that.  I took that issue to the ssh mailing
list, and did not get too far.

This issue seems much more common place.  I know I can add users and
groups to the ssh config files, which is probably how I will end up
dealing with this.

As soon as I find an acceptable way to do remove backups with rsycn
over ssh, where I can backup the entirety of / to a remote system, I
will post my instructions on how to do so here.

 From there, I imagine it should not be hard for me to integrate that
into lbackup scripts.  Right now, I need a simple test case, before I
do anything else, as I want to be as fast as possible in running my
test cases, so I just backup a directory with about 10 files, a few of
which are root:wheel.

I should solve this shortly, and will let you know.
Thanks for the links, off to read them a bit now.