[lbackup-discussion] Backup server and ssh permitrootlogin settings

henri reply to this message via the mailing list
Mon Oct 12 13:00:22 NZDT 2009

> Thanks for the links, I will read them over later this evening.  I
> thought about going to the ssh mailing list.   I have had long going
> issues with trying to understand ssh_agent and how to get it to drop
> my credentials out of the keychain on sleep, which seems darn near
> impossible.

If you are on Mac OS X then there is a program called SSHKeychain. I
believe that this program supports this option. It would be worth
while looking into the use of SSHKeychain.

> You would think unloading the launchd item would do it, but
> apparently there is more to it than that.  I took that issue to the
> ssh mailing list, and did not get too far.

I see. Are you setting this up on Mac OS X?

> This issue seems much more common place.  I know I can add users and
> groups to the ssh config files, which is probably how I will end up
> dealing with this.

Okay again. I am interested to know how you get it working.

> As soon as I find an acceptable way to do remove backups with rsycn
> over ssh, where I can backup the entirety of / to a remote system, I
> will post my instructions on how to do so here.
>
> From there, I imagine it should not be hard for me to integrate that
> into lbackup scripts.

You may find that the hard linking may be quite complex. However, if
you work out how to achieve this then I would be most interested.

Keep in touch. Good luck.