[lbackup-discussion] L-Backup Errors! That error occurs when rsync tries to set an ACE specifying a user that does not exist. Here's what happens: 1) Read ACE on source file --> on Mac OS X, the user or group of the ACE is stored using the user or group's UUID 2) Convert UUID to uid/gid using mbr_uuid_to_id, also store which type it is (e.g. user or group) 3) [transfer file] 4) Convert uid/gid to UUID using mbr_uid_to_uuid or mbr_gid_to_uuid 5) Set ACE on destination file

Michael Williams reply to this message via the mailing list
Sat Apr 10 10:52:09 NZST 2010

Thanks for the input.

The backup on the offending server was working fine up until yesterday when I redid the ACLs on 4 of the most important shares on the server, so the users could actually get their files. For some reason or other, the backup has now failed.
I have attached part of the log file for reference. I can't figure out what is wrong with this. The ACLs are valid and otherwise working. Do you have any ideas on what might be causing the issue?

Thanks,
Michael