[lbackup-discussion] Backup config file help

henri reply to this message via the mailing list
Tue Sep 6 12:09:04 NZST 2011

> Worked Perfectly
> Thanks

That is great news!

One other approach would be to make the Users home directory the source of the backup, with the following line within the configuration file :

backupSource=/Users/Johnno

Then you could use the following excludes file :

+ Johnno
+ Johnno/Documents/***
+ Johnno/Music/***
+ Johnno/Pictures/***
+ Johnno/Downloads/***
- *

If you had multiple users who you wanted to back up these directories for then you could specify the following source :

backupSource=/Users

With the wither of the following excludes should work :

+ Users/Johnno
+ Users/Bobby
+ Users/Brian
+ Users/*/Documents/***
+ Users/*/Music/***
+ Users/*/Pictures/***
+ Users/*/Downloads/***
- *

> however
> i copied the information from the web page
> http://www.lbackup.org/full_system_backup
>
> and i think this is what stuffed me, maybe some changes to the website to prevent future confusion
>
> unless iv completely read the page wrong

Any suggestions or improvements to the online documentation is very welcome. The site is open for improvements by everyone.

Please vist the following URL if you would like to contribute to the documentation :
http://www.lbackup.org/contribute

Also, if you have any questions regarding contributing or using LBackup then simply reply to this email =:^)

Hopefully, this is helpful.